Saturday, April 04, 2009

Roots

I have been out of the church graphic design business for quite a while now, but I recently had the chance to get back to my roots and create some graphics for my current church (pastored by Heidi's dad). Thanks to the opportunity I had to work with two of the top designers in the industry, I've picked up a few tricks along the way. Here are some of the highlights:

Key graphic for one of the messages of the current series, "I AM":



















Standard-issue promotion slides that rotate on-screen before service:







































































I fully admit that this next slide is a complete plagiarism of CCV's Class 100 graphic. In the epic battle of innovation vs. duplication, duplication inevitably gets a win from time to time. I figured the gods of design would forgive me as long as I copied the best.




















I am especially proud of this last graphic because its an original piece by my beautiful wife. She's come a long way in her ability to visualize and create things in Photoshop, and I felt that this design deserved some public recognition.

9 comments:

Cameron Smith said...

I let duplication slide when it comes from a friend. :) Man.. these are all SO SOLID!!! I Love the the children's and nursery slides especially... Really nice work. You should do freelance work! Oh wait... you are. :)

Michael Gray said...

Unfortunately, I put the FREE in freelance. :)

kimbasa said...

Those are freakin' awesome... for realz.

Anonymous said...

You are so talented, Michael, really. I think you need to do less free freelancing.... but it just demonstrates the servant's heart that you have. Nice work.

Julie said...

Love them - especially the I AM slide and Heidi's Easter Egg Hunt.

Anonymous said...

CPC is so blessed to have you and Heidi!! You are both very creative and talented people! Dad and I owe you big time -- will homemade noodles help! Love you, Mom S.

Anonymous said...

I love these!!! And I must say I'm pretty proud of myself for recognizing right off the bat the "Ma Sexy" font on Heidi's!!
Very good guys!!!
Love, Dixiemama

Erin and Jared said...

Michael, as usual, these are GREAT. I am a little alarmed by mom's recognition of the "Ma Sexy" (???!?!?) font. Nice, mom. ;-)

Love, Erin

Rita Loca said...

very nice work. i followed you from a comment on another blog. Hello from Paraguay.