Monday, March 30, 2009

Sellout

After a long journey of disconnected solitude, I have decided to jump on the Twitter bandwagon and go for a little ride. Those who have gone before me frequently and fervently sing Twitter's praises -- almost as if the little bird in the logo was the very dove that brought the olive branch back to Noah's ark. By all accounts, I must prepare for the miraculous.

To be quite honest, I'm doing this for one purpose alone -- to experiment and see if this technology truly does make me more connected with others. I am very much a face-to-face kind of guy and I have a hard time seeing how Twitter will give me anything even resembling the sort of connectedness that I get in a personal friendship.

Since its unfair for me to say I don't like Twitter when I have never actually used it, I figure its worth a test drive. If you want to follow my 140-character-or-less musings, my Twitter name is MichaelSGray.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twitter confuses me..."I don't know my woofers from my twitters"! 5...4...3...2...1

Anonymous said...

I will forever remain twitterless!!
Mom