Thursday, March 12, 2009

There's More Than One Way to Castrate a Lamb

You've got to admit, the title intrigues you; it mysteriously draws you in and makes you want to keep reading, right? Well, that's because you have a sick mind and a twisted sense of entertainment. But don't feel too guilty, I fell for it too when I originally watched the video below on Jon's blog.

I love it when blog posts, books, magazines, and/or speeches challenge public perceptions of reality -- when they cause people to think a second time about a long-held assumption, or look at an issue in a completely different light than ever before. This speech by Dirty Jobs host Mike Rowe does just that. It's a lesson on finding out just how wrong we can be, even when we feel most confident that we are right.



On a completely different note, what do you think of my new, wider layout? I realize the header image needs to change and I'll get to it when I can. I just got tired of having to resize all my linked videos to make them fit my post.

2 comments:

jgray said...

"hey, speaking of biting off lamb testicles, do you like my blog layout?"

hahaha, nice transition!

Anonymous said...

Narrow layouts r 4 nubs. Welcome to the world of formatting for larger monitors. :)