Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Becoming A Man...Finally

I am less than a month away from my 30th birthday, and manhood is knocking on my door.

Most of you that know me well, know that Heidi and I have been unable to conceive a child due to major problems with my sperm. We have been undergoing fertility treatment for almost a year now. During a doctor's visit in early July, I learned that the problems with my sperm were rooted in the fact that my testosterone level was at a dismal 118 (normal levels are between 800 and 1,200).

Since then, I have rubbed testosterone cream on my leg each morning in hopes that I could induce a reversal in my levels. The minor side effects of this treatment make for some funny stories, most of which I will save for another time. One side effect is increased irritability -- which I generally don't recognize on my own. My wife, in her ever-so-tender and loving way, gently informs me about my aggression by saying something like, "Hey, take it easy now Testy Testosterone!" That's what she calls me. Testy Testosterone.

Well, I got the results of my latest blood work today and it looks like Testy Testosterone may be a name that sticks. My testosterone level is now at 785. I'm knocking on the door baby! I am excited that this treatment is helping and that God seems to be answering our many prayers. For those of you who already do, please keep praying that this trend continues.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have our prayers; go little guys, go!

Greg

The Hodges Family said...

personally, my favorite story is when you walked into my office punched me in the shoulder and said, "right now's about the time i really want to fight somebody...or have sex." chalk that one up to the testosterone! we'll continue praying for your swimmers!

brent

Anonymous said...

All I can say is Akward... but Congrats anyway!! I am so excited for you guys - you, Heidi, and...how should I put this...your testy testosterone tadpoles. Again, akward...

Anonymous said...

Top 3 things that come to mind while reading your post:
03. "You can do it....You can do it all night long!" (Waterboy)
02. "To infinity and beyond!" (Toy Story)
01. "Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone" (Rocket Man - Elton John)