Monday, November 19, 2007

What a Faker!

Sometimes the hardest thing about interacting with people is not knowing what is actually going on in the other person's head. People in today's society have made an art form out of putting on a good face and trying to keep up pretenses. Someone can have it all together on the outside and be a complete disaster on the inside. The key is to develop your ability to see through the superficial, and recognize the significant. This requires practice.

I offer you the opportunity to practice today:

I recently came across this test that measures one's ability to read faces. This requires that you focus intently on looking past the skin and staring into the soul. Can you spot the fake smiles? I was able to get 17 out of 20. That means that if you try to fake smile at me, I'll know it 85% of the time.

So don't even try it.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was only able to get 16 out of 20. Not too bad but I'm going to have to study everyone a little more carefully ;)

brent hodges said...

it's like we're dancing! 17 out of 20 too, my friend.

Anonymous said...

19 out of 20 Baby! Don't ever, ever try to fake me out! I will call you out...bunch a fakers!

Heidi :) - or by should I say :(

Stacey said...

That's too funny. I only got 16 out of twenty. I must think people are happier than they really are?? I'm going to really have to watch that!