Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Contentment

Sometimes it can be hard to be content with the things that life throws your way.

Heidi and I have been struggling with getting pregnant for some time now, and it seems like each time we take a step forward in our attempt to start a family, we get knocked back two steps. Oftentimes, we wonder why God is allowing us to go through this trial. It can become easy for us to look at others who are successfully getting pregnant, and then begin to feel the discontentment with our situation rise up inside and begin to consume us. Feeling contentment in the dark shadow of unrealized expectations can be difficult.

Today God allowed me a six-minute reality check, and suddenly, this burden seems so light.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I can type through all my sobbing...but, Wow!

Heidi

Stacey said...

I'm praying for you and Heidi! We have three little boys at home but it wasn't always easy for us to get them here either. I know how hard it can be to wait in expectations each month and have that let down each time. Keep hanging in there and know that there is a plan... better than you could ever imagine!!