Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lifetime Warranty?



My good friends Tommie and Kyle Dyer recently returned from their wedding on May 5, 2007. As the above picture illustrates, Kyle clearly married for looks and Tommie married for ... um ... personality. :)

Actually, this marriage is uniquely special for me because these two were the first couple for whom I did premarital counselling. I had an awesome time walking with Tommie and Kyle as they dreamed of and prepared for their lives together. I especially enjoyed watching their excitement because it reminded me of when Heidi and I got married. That is a day I could live over and over again.

With this being my first premarital counseling, I am tempted to put a limited warranty on my work. I only say that jokingly, though, because I know that this marriage is not founded on anything that I ever said or did, but on Christ and His grace and love -- and with Christ at the center, you can be sure that this marriage comes with a lifetime warranty.

Tommie & Kyle, it was truly an honor for me to be a part of your wedding. Thank you for that gift.

Congratulations and best wishes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I look horrible in that picture! There were about 500 better pictures. Oh well.

We loved having you as our pre-marital counselor! You did a great job and we were blessed to have you do it.

Kyle and I would like to take you and Heidi out to dinner, so let us know when.

~Tommie