Friday, November 07, 2008

Running for our Lives



I just returned from a Friday morning run (read: lumbering jog) with my good friend D-Lo. Since he has Fridays off, he was gracious enough to drive all the way to my house early this morning to join me in 2 miles of self-inflicted torture through the chilly streets of Avondale.

The photo above was taken just before we started. If I had taken another afterward, I would look like death warmed over and he would look pretty much the same as he does in this picture. Jerk. He makes it look so easy.

Hopefully, we can continue with this Friday tradition, and one day I may be able to keep up with him the entire time. If anyone else wants to join our running group, just give me a call. Maybe we can turn this living hell into a fun and challenging Friday mini-mini-marathon.

5 comments:

kimbasa said...

LOL...don't give Derrick too much credit...you didn't see him huffing and puffing when we walked in the door...20 mins later! :)

j/k DLO!

Derrick Logan said...

It's easy for my wife to criticize from the luxury of a warm bed... but she is the mother of my child which requires her participation in an endless marathon that makes my feeble attempts of running look childish.

It was fun hittin the pavement w/ you today bro! Lookin forward to next Friday and the Fridays to come.

He didn't mention it but Bella, his Giant Schnauzer, came with us. She totally made us look like pansies being that our wind-sucking run was but a simple stroll for her. That b...

Anonymous said...

I love you!!!! You're so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops, that was me, above!! Jana

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were friends with Mike Myers!