Thursday, April 24, 2008

This Has Been My Life:

Saturday, April 26 will mark the end of 44 days straight of this:



In my never-ending struggle to produce even the most minute amount of live, straight-swimming sperm, I have tried many unusual things. Some things have helped, some have hindered, but none have done the job they were ultimately supposed to do.

This photo represents my last medical effort. Time alone will tell if this final path of modern medicine can help lead Heidi and me to the final destination that has eluded us for so long now.

Just so you know, I hate needles. I can't tell you what a hurdle it was to stick this into my body for the first time. In case you were wondering, this shot is given intra-muscularly (meaning that I have to bury the needle to the hilt so that the fluid can be injected into the muscle). Learning to inject myself was definitely one of the biggest fear-overcoming situations in my life.

I love trying to overcome my fears, but I certainly won't miss these needles when they're gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm so with you on that. I can't believe you were able to do it!

Justin shared last night with me some of the exciting stuff going on with you and Heidi, just know Lori and I are praying for you!

Greg