Monday, February 18, 2008

The Oprah Cult

Today is President's Day and -- I can't believe I am actually admitting to this -- I spent part of my day off from work watching Oprah. Before you judge me, just know that she had the voice-over cast from Horton Hears a Who (Jim Carrey, Steve Carrel, and Carol Burnett) on the show. It wasn't an Oprah's Book Club episode or anything.

I realized something disturbing today as I watched the show -- Oprah's fans are crazy (not fun-crazy like your best friend from college, but crazy-crazy like Robin Williams all jacked up on Ecstasy). Anyone else out there think that the people in Oprah's audience are bizarre?

People say that religious organizations are cultish, but I have never seen anything that can compare to the following that Oprah has. These people are out of control.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Derrick Logan said...

Couldn't agree more... it's freakish. I laughed out loud after imagining Robin Williams on Ecstasy. Did you see that guys on "Inside the Actors Studio"? He's unbelievable.

Stacey said...

I totally agree with you! They practically worship her :o)