Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Personal Barometer

I cannot begin to express how disappointing it is for me that I have not blogged in a long time. This site is a source of a great deal of joy and relaxation for me, and I have missed it greatly. I would go as far as to say that my frequency of blogging and blog reading is in direct correlation to my energy level and/or my attitude toward life. It's like a personal barometer for me.

Over the past few months, I have been struggling with a number of health-related, personal, and professional issues in my life. None of my issues are particularly serious or life-threatening, they are just pestering. I am not deeply depressed or anything, but I am definitely going through a dark time. I wish that I could pinpoint what it is that has me down, but I can't -- and that frustrates me more. I guess that there are just times of random discontent in each person's life, and this is one of mine.

I have never been the sort of person to hide what is happening in my life; I am truly an open book. Please know that I don't write these things to somehow gain sympathy or to cause anyone to go out of their way to make me feel better. Honestly, I'm not even sure kind words will help. I only write these things because writing them down is a way for me to get rid of the baggage that is keeping me down -- and I think its good to share things publicly rather than keeping them to myself.

If you have a minute, I would appreciate a quick prayer on my behalf. I'm generally not selfish about asking for things, but I believe that prayers will help.

Thanks.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I'll be praying. I know what it is to be there (you'll get to hear all about it at the video shoot). Hopefully I can help lighten some of the load/stress at work.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dawg! I know how frustrating times like this can be. We are praying that God provides encouragement and hope to you, and that the people around you uplift you in Christ. Don't underestimate the effect of your health problems and treatments on your motivation and moods - - - that naturally brings you down. I hope your friends and coworkers will minister to you as brothers and sisters in Christ. Having worked in a church before, I know that sometimes it is overlooked that staff members need to be ministered to, too. I think this Julie person sounds like a great lady (from the above comment), and I hope God blesses your efforts in accomplishing more together! Having worked in a church doing media production, I also know that people CONSTANTLY underestimate the time and intensive hours it takes to create something that enhances WORSHIP, instead of drawing attention to itself. You do a SPECTACULAR job at that. In fact, I envy YOUR talent! Love and Prayers! E&J

The Hodges Family said...

you're the man, michael! thank you for taking time yesterday to share your thoughts with me. our prayers for you and heidi will continue as you are going through this trial. thank you for being open to sharing what's going on right now; hopefully, it's just a step in the recovery process. you know that jess and i are here for you guys whenever needed, and probably sometimes when we're not! love you man!

brent & jess

Anonymous said...

We know you're struggling right now, just know that we are available if you want to talk. You continue to be in our prayers. We love you and Heidi and truly cherish your friendship. Thanks for being an open book.

Justin and Bethany

Anonymous said...

MG2! You are one of the most talented people I know. I learn new things from you every time I come down the hall to play in Photoshop or Vegas! Life gets hard and days get really long sometimes, but hang in there. Remember, the sun always comes out after a storm (was that cheesy?)Thanks for all your hard work each and every week!

Christina from down the hall