Friday, December 12, 2008

I Might Be Addicted

I was sick last week and couldn't do any of my half-marathon training, but this week I have been feeling much better. In celebration of the end of my bad cold, I ran 3 days for a grand total of 1 hour, 54 minutes, and 7 seconds over 9 miles of this earth (3 x 3 miles). Don't bother trying to figure out my average time per mile -- it's still pretty crummy.

In the past I never did much running for running's sake, but I think this may become a permanent routine in my life -- and I think I may be starting to enjoy it. Today, I ran to the point of bleeding through my shoe. Please, no jokes about me bleeding pink.



D-Lo ran with me again and this time he brought a beanie for me too. Here we are making pre-run poses that far exceed our actual badness level:



Both times we have run together, Derrick has come to my side of the tracks, but next time, we're going to hit the streets of Dreaming Summit and see what sort of damage we can do there. I'm looking forward to a change of scenery.

5 comments:

Derrick Logan said...

Nice work today bro! That sprint at the end nearly took my life. Looking forward to doing it again soon!

...just noticed that the word verification below is "runco"...coincidence? I think not.

Here's to Run Co.,
- DLo

kimbasa said...

Michael. Please do not encourage DLO to wear beanies...they look ridiculous on him. Thanks.
-Kimbasa

Michael Gray said...

LOL! To Run Co.!

Anonymous said...

Blood? Yeah, right! That looks like a dripping from a cherry Slurpee that may have been enjoyed after the Run O' Torture...

Anonymous said...

It looks to me like you bleed pink :0 Seriously, it's awesome to you and D-Lo pushing each other to the next level.

Greg