Friday, September 05, 2008

Please Love Me!

Bloggers are interesting people.

We like to think that our thoughts and our writings make a difference in the world. From time to time, we have the proclivity to develop a slightly over-inflated ego about our own self-importance (come on now all you bloggers, just admit it). It's easy to slip into saying things like, "You really need to check out my latest blog post," or "You mean you haven't ever visited my blog?" We don't mean to sound conceited, we just think you would benefit from hearing our thoughts on life.

Winning you as a reader is a small badge of honor. If you actually subscribe* to our blog, we feel like we've just earned the Congressional Medal of Honor. We love to feel important.

A friend of mine has this shirt and it cracks me up because it unapologetically smacks us bloggers across the face with the reality of our actual importance:



This applies to most bloggers. However, if you are some one like Jon Edmiston you have an actual following and your thoughts actually are important to the world.

The rest of us hate envy people like him.

*You can subscribe to this blog through an aggregator like Bloglines or use the links on the right to get you connected to the words and musings of Michael Gray. Hey, I may be shameless, but I'm not stupid. I'm hoping to break the 20 subscriber barrier! Woot!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

cracks me up! so true! now go look at my blog so i can feel important when i check the Google Analytics to see who has recently looked at my blog. ha!

Anonymous said...

I have a following? Only my family subscribes to my blog... oh and a few people at work who feel like they have to...