Monday, January 28, 2008

29 Days and Counting

I have really been enjoying spending part of each day reading the Bible and praying with Heidi. We started reading through our One Year Bibles on January 1 along with many people from Palm Valley Church, where I used to work. They started 2008 with a series called Route 66, kicking off a church-wide, one-year journey through the Bible. For Christmas, all staff and staff wives recieved an engraved, leatherbound One Year Bible.

To be honest, I have never been very disciplined at reading my Bible. Ever since high school, I have struggled with disciplining myself and making time to read scripture and pray. So far this year, Heidi and I have faithfully read our Bible each day -- and I'm really enjoying it.


1 month down, 11 to go. God, keep me disciplined.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're putting it to good use. Keep going!

Greg

Mark said...

Way 2 go 2.
Glad to see your blogging habits are about as good as mine. Thanks for the kind words.
Hope all is well in the new job. Pray for you and Heidi often.
1