Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Vacation from My Problems!

Heidi and I are going away for a long weekend together.

We are headed to the small town of Greer in the White Mountains in northeastern Arizona. We have never been there, but by all accounts it is a very remote and beautiful area. One of the key amenities at the place where staying is that our room has no phone and no television. Talk about getting away from it all! We can't wait.

We plan on doing a lot of sleeping in, reading, and coffee-drinking. We may even throw in some hiking and/or horseback riding. I'm sure I'll do a little bit of blogging while I'm up there because writing is a creative and relaxing outlet for me. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures to post.

Disclaimer: The title of this post is not intended to be a gripe about my job or my life in general. Its actually a line from one of my favorite movies, "What About Bob".

Here are a few more of my favorite lines:


"Mmmmm Faye? Is this corn hand-shucked?"

"Check it out, I'm in really bad shape. I'm doing the work. I'm baby-steppin. I'm not a slacker!"

"There are really only three names: Dr. Albert Schwitzer, Mother Theresa of Calcutta, probably, and Leo Marvin."

"I get it! If I don't untie myself inside -- the emotional knots, I'm going to explode!"

Not sure why I went off on a "What About Bob" tangent there. Sorry about that. Well, we're off to Lake Winnipesaukee. We'll send you a postcard.

2 comments:

Mr. Mike said...

Just don't strap any gunpowder to your chest and tie yourself to a tree. ;)

Paul Lewis said...

Enjoy your well deserved rest! Thanks for all that you do and the heart for God with which you do it!