Friday, January 05, 2007

My Kind of Friday



I am just now wrapping up one of the most relaxing and enjoyable days that I have had in months. Today I had the chance to spend the entire day with Heidi -- an event that has become almost completely foreign to me. With our differing work schedules, we have almost completely forgotten what it is like to have a full day alone. I am off on Fridays -- she works. She is off on weekends -- I work. She is still on her Christmas break (she is a teacher) and I stayed at work yesterday until 10:00 to ensure that I could actually take today off.

I cannot tell you what a pleasure it is for me to spend time with my wife. She is so fun to be with and she completely eliminates any stress or frustration that I feel. She helps me to regenerate strength and a positive attitude, just by being near me. We didn't do anything particularly eventful today, we just had a whole day to ourselves. No work. No friends. No family. No church. No plans. Just us.

We slept in until 9:00. We drank our coffee in bed and played Mario Bros. on our new Nintendo DS (thanks Dad). We ate a late lunch at Panda Express. We got Jamba Juice for dessert. We went Christmas shopping (we are having a late Christmas with her family on Sunday). We took the long route home from the mall and just talked. We got home and watched 2 movies. We ordered Papa John's. We drank hot chocolate.

To some, this may seem like a wasted day.

For me, this was my kind of Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you...I'd spend every minute with you if I could! (Except of course when you are playing "Generals"...that can be your "alone time")

xxoo,

Heidi

Anonymous said...

I'd like to ditto that statement... to my own husband, of course. And aren't I lucky that I have YOU to thank for him playing Generals all the time? Grrrr. I'm with you, Heid.